The Forsyth, MO67 Bridge was five rivet, connected, 8-panel camel back pratt through trusses composed of four 181’ and one 182’ spans and two steel stringer approach spans over the White River (Bull Shoals Lake) on MO76. It was built by Maxwell Bridge Company in 1953 to cross the new Bull Shoals lake.
The bridge was 1,009.6 feet long, 23.9 feet wide, and the vertical clearance above the deck was 14.1 feet. The length of the largest span was 183 feet.
The project entailed the explosive demolition of the 5 span through-truss bridge over the white river in Taney county, and two concrete bridge piers.
Blasters worked diligently to make the contractors schedule on time and under budget with safety as the first priority.